Monday, February 7, 2011

HIgh School Artwork

For the purpose of not embarrassing myself with my crappy artwork from my early years of high school I'm only going to post my artwork from my senior year. During my senior year I took several art classes, not to mention all the other art classes I took in the earlier years of high school. Anyways, Senior year I took a two part Sculpture class and Independent Art class, which is essentially coming up with your own projects. Besides those classes I still did art outside of class so there are different types of media I worked with that year.

First up I'll post some sculptures I made during class.
A joint project between me and my friend. My friend was the "model" for the design of our foam man. It's created from foam, dowel, and hot glue. Has actually moving joints where they should be on the human anatomy.         
A project in which we tried creating molds out of plaster. I went with the whole dead cattle found in a desert look. Went the extra mile by using thinned out paint to make them look like a dusty color.



We had to create a figure out of wire. We had the choice of how they were to be positioned. I made the figure take the position of a drawing I made of a character kneeling.










No comments:

Post a Comment